- First-year salary for the summer is an average of $2,200, depending on the trip you are selected to lead
- Leaders are typically assigned 2-3 sections of the same program
- All Moondance program expenses including accommodations, meals on your trip, outfitted activities, and transportation to and from the trip’s location
- Pro Deal accounts giving you exclusive access to significant discounts on an assortment of respected outdoor brands
- Partial reimbursement for Wilderness First Responder (WFR) Certification
You will learn lessons and skills to apply long after your time with Moondance!
- Responsible for 12 teenagers – parent’s most prized possessions!
- On call 24 hours a day, 7 days of week
- Risk Management – Safety is first and foremost
- Logistics – You will manage your day by day trip itinerary, adhering to a finely tuned plan
- Accounting / Finances – Manage your trip budget of $5,000-$20,000 throughout the summer
- Communication Skills – With your students, co-leader, our outfitters and Moondance Main Office
- Problem Solving Skills – You and your co-leader will make decisions that impact your groups success
- Spontaneous Motivation – Maintain group morale
- Customer Service – We are in the business of creating magic and it all happens when you go above and beyond
- Work Ethic – This will be the hardest job you will ever love
- A detail-oriented individual
- A stronger leader
- A team player
- A better caregiver and partner
- Well-rounded, compassionate, responsible
- First-year leaders are responsible for their own transportation to Staff Training in Asheville, NC, and after debrief at the end of the summer
- Moondance provides leaders with transportation and flights from Nashville or Atlanta to the trip start and end locations
The hiring period for Trip Leaders runs from early October through late March. Though we accept applications on a rolling basis, we recommend that applicants apply as early as possible. Though select opportunities may be available in early April, candidates were encouraged to apply by February 16, 2018.
If you have questions about our available positions, please email email@example.com.
“My leaders were hilarious, adaptable and my best friends.”— Britt McLindon, The Grand